Construction Site Falls: It is easy enough to get tripped up in a familiar setting like your backyard, inside your house, the local store parking lot or your school/ place of work. When on a construction site there are so many dangerous obstacles, machinery and elevated surfaces that falls on a construction site are very common. Not only are they common but they accounted for 35 percent of construction deaths last year according to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration). Unfortunately, these accidents are usually caused by improper fall protection. These falls can be the fault of equipment manufacturing error or on-site protocol violations.
It is important to know what to do after a construction site fall in New Jersey. From lost wages during recovery to the monetary impact of partial or permanent disability, workplace falls can have serious consequences. If you have fallen on the job, do the following immediately:
- Seek medical attention to address injuries sustained as a result of the fall
- Document any suspected OSHA or BOCA violations this information will help your legal team
- Talk to an expert construction accident attorney as soon as possible to review your legal rights
Gill and Chamas is known for aggressive legal representation for clients who have been injured on the job. The firm has more than a dozen construction site accident attorneys on their staff as well as two centrally located offices in Woodbridge and Howell New Jersey. The firm has had many notable settlements and verdicts for clients who have been injured as a result of falling at a construction site as seen below:
- $3.4 Million for a man who fell thirty feet to his death when his lift got tangled with another lift.
- A jury-awarded verdict of $3.2 Million for a Port Reading man who suffered serious injuries when he fell off a scaffold at a construction site in Jersey City.
- $2,625,000 – Bricklayer left disabled from a ladder fall of about ten to fifteen feet.
- $2,600,000 – Job fatality – 85 foot fall into catch basin.
- $2,565,000 – Fall from platform at a restaurant deck.
- $1,400,000 – Worksite Fall – Mercer County man fell off 12-foot ladder while working on New Jersey Turnpike project.
Please visit our verdicts & settlements page to view more results by the firm.
Call our office today at 732.324.7600 for a free consultation, or click here to contact us immediately.