Carbon Monoxide poisoning can occur in people that use gasoline-powered tools including high-pressure power washers, cutting saws, floor buffers, welders, compressors, and generators in buildings. Even in areas that seem to be well-ventilated, carbon monoxide can rapidly accumulate and build up to dangerous amounts within minutes. Employers and equipment users should not allow the use of gasoline-powered engines inside buildings or enclosed areas unless gas engines can be located outside away from air intakes. Personal carbon monoxide monitors should be used and equipped with audible alarms to warn workers when CO concentrations are too high. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) ceiling limit for CO is 200 parts per million.
Behind all of our work lies the goal of holding all appropriate parties accountable and ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve.
If you or a family member has suffered a serious personal injury, make sure you get the representation you deserve. Call our office today at 732.324.7600, or click here to contact us immediately.