Slip and Fall Prevention Tips: Safety should always be everyone’s number one priority. This applies for not only at work, but at home, school, grocery store and everywhere else you find yourself. It is important to keep an eye out for anything that is a fall hazard such as icy sidewalks, liquid on the floor, uneven pavement and clutter in walkways. In an article in Safety and Health magazine they suggest the following bullet points to help prevent such slip and fall accidents:
- Clean up all spills as soon as possible. If it cannot be cleaned up immediately placed a wet floor sign down to alert and employee or customers walking by.
- Keep all walk areas clear of clutter and debris.
- Keep all filing cabinets and desk draws closed when no one is using them.
- Cover all exposed cables and wires that are in walkways.
- Replace worn out carpet and floors.
- Wear proper fitting shoes and other clothing.
To find out more tips on how to prevent slip and fall accidents visit the link below:
Here at Gill and Chamas we have seen and handled numerous cases where a person has slipped and fell. These accidents can occur at work, school, parking lots, sidewalks and other various places.
The firm has proven results when it comes to slip and fall accidents. Including a $3,200,000 million settlement for a worker who slipped and fell at his job. As a result of the accident the plaintiff suffered back injuries. To see more of the firms top verdicts and settlements when it comes to slip and fall accidents visit the slip and fall section on our website.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a slip and fall accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, contact the law firm of Gill and Chamas today for a free consolation (732) 324-7600.