Skin Cancer Prevention: With the summer months approaching it is important to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays. Skin cancer is a major concern in today’s world and it is important to take the proper steps to protect yourself as well as your loved ones. According to the CDC these steps will help ensure your safety:
- Stay in the shade as much as possible during the peak hours in the afternoon when the sun is the strongest.
- Wear clothing on parts of your body that tend to burn the most frequently or easily.
- Wear a hat in the sun especially if you have no or thinning hair.
- Wear sunglasses
- Use sunscreen if you plan to be in the sun for long periods of time and also reapply every 30 minutes.
- Avoid indoor tanning beds.
For more information on reducing your risk of skin cancer click on the link below:
When we discover a spot or odd mark on our skin and go to the doctor, we put our trust in them to diagnose us properly and give us the best treatment possible. Unfortunately this does not always happen and a doctor’s negligence can cause us harm. In a recent case the firm was able to recover $3.25 Million for missed diagnosis of skin cancer for one of our clients. The firm has also handled other cases where cancer was misdiagnosed and we were able to get our clients the compensation they deserve. We will build the best case possible by using our medical experts, anatomical diagrams and state-of-the-art technology. To learn more about the firm’s reputation on handling misdiagnosis of cancer cases visit the medical malpractice tab on our website.
If you or a loved one has been misdiagnosed with skin cancer or any other type of cancer contact the medical malpractice attorneys at Gill and Chamas today (732) 324-7600.