The Washington Post (3/13, Dvorak, 11.43M) reports a number of US veterans and their family members who were based at Camp Lejeune in 1968 and “showered, drank and ate food cooked in a poisonous stew of benzene, perchloroethylene, trichloroethylene, vinyl chloride and a few other chemicals few of us can pronounce” will finally receive about $2 billion in government compensation. The AARP-affiliated Legal Counsel for the Elderly was the first organization to take the veterans’ case, with attorney Rebekah Mason calling the case “so complicated, all of it.” The case will be built on “presumptive status” in a “historic” case enabling “vets who never served on foreign soil during wartime…to get compensation for harm done at home,” per the Post.
Don’t hesitate. Don’t wonder. Don’t field questions from aggressive insurance companies. Contact Gill & Chamas, LLC today.