MRI machine explodes: An MRI machine set off an explosion at the Oradell Animal Hospital. Emily Cottam, an emergency and critical care resident at the animal hospital, said that a new MRI machine that was being installed caused the explosion, which led to a partial collapse of the ceiling. There have not been any reported fatalities and all of the animals in the building were removed safely.
MRI: An MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) is a medical imaging technique used in radiology to search the anatomy and physiology of the body in both health and disease. MRI scanners use magnetic fields and radio waves to see images of the body. It is used by doctors and hospitals to diagnose a patient’s condition.