OSHA provides forklift safety in the workplace on their website. Safely operating a forklift requires awareness of the conditions at your workplace. You must be aware of physical conditions, co-workers, narrow aisles, and ramps or loading docks. Your employer is responsible for making sure the workplace is a safe environment. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a forklift accident in NJ, seek representation of a seasoned NJ forklift accident lawyer.
What to Do After Forklift Accident in New Jersey
From lost wages during recovery to the monetary impact of partial or permanent disability, forklift accidents can have serious consequences. If you have been injured on the job due to a forklift, you should do the following immediately:
- Seek medical attention to address injuries sustained during the fall
- Document any suspected OSHA or BOCA violations for your legal team’s use
- Talk to an expert forklift accident attorney ASAP to review your legal rights
Millions for Injured Clients
Gill & Chamas have helped those who have been injured in serious forklift accidents or their families for over 25 years. Here is a sample of the top settlements/verdicts in forklift accidents handlded by the attorneys at Gill & Chamas.
- $18,850,000 – A man was killed in a construction-site accident while he was standing next to a forklift when a backhoe reversed and crushed him between the two machines. The New Jersey Jury Verdict Review and Analysis stated that this Morris County case is one of the largest monetary settlements for the death of an unmarried man with no children in the history of the state.
- $5,000,000 – A man was repairing a forklift at a construction site when he was hit by another forklift that was in operation. The plaintiff suffered serious injuries and has been declared permanently disabled.
- $3,400,000 – A man working at a warehouse in Newark, NJ fell 35-feet from a boom lift to the ground. His lift got tangled with another lift and he died a short time after the fall.
- $2,350,000 – A man was struck by a forklift while doing business at a landscaping supply yard in Monmouth County.
Call our office today at 732.324.7600, or click here to contact us immediately.